Conference Aims and Objectives
Our behavior has been ignored by scholars despite overwhelming evidence it’s the soft underbelly in our quest to grow the economy and enterprises. The winning of an economic Nobel Prize in 2017 based on Richard Thales work on behavior shows that we need to focus more on behavior. The 11th AIBUMA 2020 opens this issue and hopes that scholars from all over the world will shed light on this black box. The 11th African International Business and Management (AIBUMA) conference aims at providing interdisciplinary communications, where researchers ,intellectuals, policy/decision makers and consultants would share the results of their research , studies and thoughts. The conference seeks to showcase research as well as provide a forum for collaboration and fusion with business leadership practice as we continuously seek to enhance university- industry linkages.
Due to the current corona virus pandemic, we will this year hold our conference virtually, and participants will for the first time interact virtually. The University of Nairobi is therefore making all the necessary arrangements to make this conference deliver a unique experience to the participants.
THEME: “BEHAVIOUR: BEYOND TECHNOLOGY & INNOVATIONS”
- Behavioral foundations of management
- Behavior and organizational performance
- Behavior in corporate and public sectors
- Talent management and behavior
- Institutionalism & governance and behavior
- Behaviour, regulations and law
- Behaviour, innovation and technology.
- Leadership and behaviour
- Emotional intelligence
- Behavior and climate change
- Media and Behaviour
- Artificial intelligence and behavior
- Cross disciplinary analysis of behaviour.
The abstract should be not be more than 300 words, and may be of research works already completed, or of ongoing research works.
All submitted conference papers will be blind peer reviewed by competent reviewers. All successful conference abstracts will be available to all participants alongside the conference programme. Further, all paper presenters and conference participants will be entitled to a certificate of participation.
Special Journal Issues
Selected conference papers of high quality will be published in a special edition of the AIBUMA journal, within two months after the conference.
Conference Sponsor and Exhibitor Opportunities
The Conference offers an opportunity to corporate organizations to become a sponsor or exhibitor during the Conference.
- Abstract Submission deadline: 30th July 2020
- Notification of Abstract acceptance by 15th August 2020
- Full Paper Submission deadline 30th August 2020
- Deadline for registration – September 30, 2020 October 5, 2020 – EXTENDED
- Conference Dates 15th – 16th October 2020
Conference Registration Fee
- University of Nairobi undergraduate students ksh 600
- University of Nairobi postgraduate students ksh 1,000
- University of Nairobi Staff ksh 1,000
- Participants from East Africa ksh 3,000
- International participants USD 50
- Prof XN Iraki: email@example.com
- Hilda Murugi : firstname.lastname@example.org
UoN School of Business Conferences Coordinator
Prof Justus M Munyoki : email@example.com