Conference Theme: Global and Local Response to Emerging Issues in the Second Decade of the Millennium: Opportunities and Threats.
Due to the current corona virus pandemic, we will this year hold our conference virtually, and participants will for the first time interact virtually. The university of Nairobi is therefore making all the necessary arrangements to make this conference deliver a unique experience to the participants.
About the Conference
This three day virtual conference presents an opportunity for scholars, educators and PhD students to share their research and explore now frontiers in academia on emerging issues, opportunities and threats in the contemporary world.
- Establishing and maintaining reliable food chains
- Maximum utilization of available infrastructure including transport and communication
- Changing economic dynamics of trade and industry
- Business dynamics, innovation and entrepreneurship
- Bridging inequalities in a pandemic
- Gender matters
- Rural revitalization and sustainable development
- Social institutions, engagement and resilience
- Geopolitics and power, East vs West
- Philosophy and the crisis of modernity
- Role of media in emerging global issues: misinformation, fake news and cyber crime
- Managing Disasters, contexts and resources
- Protection of Informal Settlements
- Vulnerable groups, livelihoods and resilience mechanisms
- Migration and Movement of people and populations
- Social Protection and Corporate Social Responsibility
- Involvement of faith-based Institutions in dissemination of information
- Socio-Political, Psychological and Cultural Considerations
Creative works (poems, stories, songs etc) and innovative applications on the sub-themes are
Key Dates and Deadlines
- July 30, 2020 – Deadline for Submission of 250 word abstract in electronic form
- August 5, 2020 – Notification of Acceptance
- August 30, 2020 – Deadline for submission of full papers
- Acceptance notification of full papers – On a rolling basis
- Conference Dates October 12-14, 2020
What should I expect?
- The same benefits of conference learning, available from the convenience of your laptop or mobile phone
- Sessions will still have a facilitator, but with the new lens of our current reality, as well as sessions that address the challenges of COVID-19
- Increased accessibility regardless of participants bandwidth and time zones
- Opportunities for participation, sharing, and networking
- Fair registration rates
- Save on travel
- Revisit sessions after the conference ends
- Register and learn with colleagues
All students Kshs. 300
E.A. participants Kshs. 1,000
International participants USD 50
Note: Due to the virtual nature of the conference the registration is minimal. However, participants not presenting papers are also reminded that they must register to attend the conference.
Paper presenters will be required to register for the conference by September 14th 2020
Researchers and Authors can submit their abstracts to the conference and present their papers as Power Point presentations ( a copy sent to the secretariat a week before to avoid eventualities) , Poster Presentation, Workshop models or Virtual Presentations. The Authors need to submit their abstract to the conference on or before 31th July 2020. Do not wait until Last minute to send you abstracts, Send it now.
- Feedback from Conference Committee and Notification of Acceptance: 3rd August, 2020
- September 30, 2020 October 5, 2020 – Registration Deadline EXTENDED
- Papers ready for publication deadline: 31st October, 2020
- Conference Dates 14th – 16th October 2020
Paper Submission Guidelines
- Font size – 12
- Font style- Times New Roman
- Spacing- 1.5
- Abstract- one (1) paragraph with Objectives, Methodology, Findings and Recommendations and five to six key words with no references
- Headings and subheadings should be in bold and numbered
- Figures, plates and tables should be in jpeg format
- References should be in APA format and all references in the text must be in the reference section
- The paper should be in MS Word format.
- You must include the sub-theme you would like to present the paper in.
Send in electronic form full papers with an abstract of not more than 300 words, full contact details (title, name, address, email-address, and telephone) as well as institutional affiliation by 30th June, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
All papers presented at the conference will be considered for publication in edited volumes and peer reviewed journals affiliated to the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, University of Nairobi. The Conference abstract and proceedings book, recording and certificate of participation will be distributed to all participants via email.
For more information, contact
- Dr. Kathleen Anangwe, Cayako@uonbi.ac.ke
- Martha Lankisa (Virtual Conference Desk) email@example.com